At TechTalent Academy, we believe passionately in the power of diversity to improve organisations and individual lives. We create Academies that help businesses build diverse tech teams and support people to build rewarding tech careers.
Our core values are built on the proven success of our Tech Academies, they serve as the compass that guides our story, actions, behaviours, and decision-making processes.
Our Values; Drive, Purpose, Innovation, Collaboration & Happiness – you can find out more about our core values at the bottom of this advert.
The role of the Finance Manager within TTA is to oversee end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, looking to make improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up.
• Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
• Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries.
• Budgeting and forecasting.
• Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the board.
• Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
• Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
• Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
• Raising invoices and chasing debt.
• Responsible for payroll, pensions, expenses, VAT and HMRC processes.
• Any other duties as designated by your manager.
- Logical thinking
- Teaching/training qualification or qualified by experience
- Planning and writing course material relating to delivery topic
- Organisation skills
- Attention to detail
Additional information about TechTalent Academy:
We are driven by purpose. Our vision is to work with 20,000 new tech talent trainees and transform the sector with the diverse teams we build. Together with our partners, we want to remove the barriers for the next generation of technology talent, giving them the all-round support they need to choose tech as their career path.
We hold onto equality at our very core. We’re building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and backgrounds as we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better and more innovative our work will be. We strive to be a workplace where everyone feels empowered and enabled to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Drive: We let nothing stand in our way. Good ideas are nothing without the hard work and grit to see them through. If we don’t do this, who will?
Purpose: We create valuable, life-changing opportunities for people – and lasting commercial value for employers. We know the power of diversity – and we know the role played by aspiration, confidence and care.
Innovation: To create the future we all want, we must find new ways to deliver core technical abilities and softer, personal skills. We remove the historic biases and barriers which have held people back. At the same time, we will bring employers into the heart of the learning experience.
Collaboration: Together, we achieve more. We work with employers, stakeholders and the government to build a training infrastructure that is really something much more – a partnership to build skills and livelihoods, talent pools and commercial success.
Happiness: If work can put a smile on someone’s face, doesn’t that matter just as much as earning a living? We think it does. We buoy each other up. We push each other on, and if the moment’s right, we enjoy a laugh together.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com