What is it?
We’re super excited to partner with the South East Local Enterprise Partnership to create more diversity in tech in the SELEP area.
We’re providing 200 people with:
- Training to level 4 in software, data, cyber and cloud skills
- Certification upon completion (in partnership with BCS, Microsoft and AWS)
- Following completion of the course, students will be offered a pathway into entry-level jobs in the most in-demand tech roles as determined by cross sector research on digital and tech skills gaps, through a programme of employer partnerships.
Who is it aimed at?
- Helping SELEP based individuals – particularly those from typically disadvantaged communities – enjoy successful careers in tech. This includes (but is not limited to) those:
- who have faced barriers to inclusion through socio-economic disadvantages
- who are unemployed as a result of the pandemic
- from ethnically minoritized communities
- who haven’t been encouraged in school to study technical subjects or who haven’t had the opportunity to attend university
What is the criteria?
Individuals must be based in the SELEP geography and have a clear need for training for digital roles that will help them to secure employment in digital roles. Individuals will be unemployed or economically inactive.
What will it cover?
A training and career pathway programme for individuals in the SELEP region who face barriers to employment or are at risk of unemployment.
Training to Level 4 Standard in:
• Cloud Computing