Welcome to TechTalent Academy.
The growing shortage of digital skills means there are many opportunities for people to upskill and move into the tech sector. We think this is a perfect opportunity for all to embrace greater diversity and flexibility of thinking.
Benefits of this unique course:
- Your place is fully funded providing you meet the requirements of the course
- You are guaranteed an interview with UST, a digital technology services company that provides next generation digital solutions for Global 1000 companies. The company’s mission is to ‘Transform Lives’ using the power of digital technologies. As they transform lives, they are focused on their customers and consumers.
- 1 to 1 support
- Slack group support
- Interactive teaching sessions
- Employability coaching included as part of the curriculum
- A recognised qualification at the end
Please notify TechTalent Academy as soon as you receive this document if you have additional learning needs, or if you require special equipment, or a special environment to allow this training to take place, please contact your technical trainer.
You will be advised on your course start date by a member of the Talent Team.
Please ensure that you have read and understood the following requirements before beginning the course:
- Complete and return your onboarding paperwork, including a signed copy of your learner’s contract. These will be sent to you upon acceptance of your place on the Software Academy.
- Ensure you are prepared to seek employment within the tech sector following completion of the Software Academy, and to keep TechTalent Academy informed as to any role / employment you accept.
- An update on your employment status will be requested at 30, 60, and 90 days after your graduation. This information is vital to the release of funding to cover your place on the Academy.
- Please contact the Talent Team, if you have any issues or concerns before starting the course. Your assigned Trainer will make contact once the course begins.
- In order to receive your certificate of completion and reference, you must be marked as attending at least 90% of all taught sessions and submit at least 80% of all home learning tasks.
TechTalent Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding lead: email@example.com
Home learning: Work hours are flexible, but please note that your Trainer will only be available during core hours, and there may be additional group Zoom calls scheduled.
Home learning submission format: Format will vary by Trainer, but will likely include class webinars, as well as individual communications via email, Slack and Zoom. The Trainer will inform the class how they wish to conduct home learning for that module.
We would also very much appreciate your feedback on how we can improve each module and the course. You will receive feedback forms via email.
You will need access to a laptop or desktop from day one of the course. The course materials are based on Windows/Mac applications, so please advise your onboard manager, or a member of the Talent Team, if you do not have access to a Windows/Mac device.
At a minimum, a laptop with a recent operating system, such as Windows 8/10 or MacOS 10.15 (Catalina), should be sufficient to carry out your course.
Some suggested system requirements are as follows: • Intel i5 CPU, with an i7 recommended. • 8GB RAM, with 16GB recommended. • 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor display.
Please note that tablets and mobile devices are not suitable for the course.
You will need to download the following free software applications to your laptop prior to the course (your trainer will help you during day one if you encounter any issues, suggesting alternatives that may be available).
If you haven’t already signed up for Zoom, then please do so.
The data program focuses on data science’s fundamental areas, including data engineering, data analytics, algorithms, databases techniques.
The aim is to equip all learners with a blend of technical and personal skills to launch their career, and to ensure they emerge with a well-rounded individual skillset. The technical part of the curriculum is significantly hands-on and includes practical tasks and projects to consolidate the learning in a real-life environment.
In addition to technical skills, we teach soft skills to prepare our learners to apply and succeed in the workplace by training them to be critical thinkers, to develop various projects, to develop collaborative team dynamics, and to build communication skills. All teaching is delivered in a virtual led environment for increased versatility.
- SQL and Database Fundamentals
Learners will learn data base concepts and techniques to handle data, OLTP, fundamentals of data definitions, data designs, different database objects, DML, DDL, writing queries, etc.
- Data Warehousing and Data Models
Learners will understand the basics of data warehousing, dimensional data models, OLTP vs OLAP, dimensions, facts, measures, KPIs, data transformations, aggregated tables, etc.
Learners will tackle the fundamentals of Python, building simple and complex scripts and developing applications. These involve understanding the three pillars of programming, including sequence, selection and iteration programming techniques. We give insight into clean coding techniques and the advanced features of using procedures, functions, reading, and writing to external files.
- Data Science with Python: Introduction to NumPy and Pandas
The learners apply vital data science skills using two industry-standard libraries: NumPy and Pandas. The students will learn how to load data and manipulate it to investigate the data, in order to generate meaningful insights.
- Introduction to Modelling and Data Visualisation
The learners model data and create meaningful data visualisations and data dashboards, using various Python libraries and proprietary software such as PowerBI/Tableau.
- Data Lineage
Learners will understand the various aspects of implementing a proper data lineage platform and the advantages of using this. The learners will be given a live tool demo using Solidatus.
Each module above will have either a practical project, i.e., write code with the following functionality, or a small task to demonstrate skills learnt. Either of these approaches will provide the delegate with the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the topic.
- What is business analysis
- The competencies of a business analyst
- The strategic context for business analysis
- The business analysis service framework
- Investigating the business situation
- Analysing and managing stakeholders
- Improving business services and processes 8. Defining the solution
- Making the business case
- Establishing the requirements
- Documenting and modelling requirements
- Validating and managing requirements
- Delivering the requirements
- Delivering the business solution
Your tutor is Georgina Stanley
Here is the link to the lessons which are delivered on:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
10am – 12pm and 1pm – 3pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 862 3322 6561