Welcome to TechTalent Academy.
The growing shortage of software skills means there are many opportunities for people to upskill and move into the tech sector. We think this is a perfect opportunity for all to embrace greater diversity and flexibility of thinking.
Benefits of this unique course:
- Your place is fully funded providing you meet the requirements of the course
- You are guaranteed an interview with UST, a digital technology services company that provides next generation digital solutions for Global 1000 companies. The company’s mission is to ‘Transform Lives’ using the power of digital technologies. As they transform lives, they are focused on their customers and consumers.
- 1 to 1 support
- Slack group support
- Interactive teaching sessions
- Employability coaching included as part of the curriculum
- A recognised qualification at the end
Please notify TechTalent Academy as soon as you receive this document if you have additional learning needs, or if you require special equipment, or a special environment to allow this training to take place, please contact your technical trainer.
You will be advised on your course start date by a member of the Talent Team.
Please ensure that you have read and understood the following requirements before beginning the course:
- Complete and return your onboarding paperwork, including a signed copy of your learner’s contract. These will be sent to you upon acceptance of your place on the Software Academy.
- Ensure you are prepared to seek employment within the tech sector following completion of the Software Academy, and to keep TechTalent Academy informed as to any role / employment you accept.
- An update on your employment status will be requested at 30, 60, and 90 days after your graduation. This information is vital to the release of funding to cover your place on the Academy.
- Please contact the Talent Team, if you have any issues or concerns before starting the course. Your assigned Trainer will make contact once the course begins.
- In order to receive your certificate of completion and reference, you must be marked as attending at least 90% of all taught sessions and submit at least 80% of all home learning tasks.
TechTalent Academy: email@example.com
Safeguarding lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
Home learning: Work hours are flexible, but please note that your Trainer will only be available during core hours, and there may be additional group Zoom calls scheduled.
Home learning submission format: Format will vary by Trainer, but will likely include class webinars, as well as individual communications via email, Slack and Zoom. The Trainer will inform the class how they wish to conduct home learning for that module.
We would also very much appreciate your feedback on how we can improve each module and the course. You will receive feedback forms via email.
You will need access to a laptop or desktop from day one of the course. The course materials are based on Windows applications, so please advise a member of the Talent Team, if you do not have access to a Windows device.
At a minimum, a laptop with a current operating system, such as Windows 8/10 or MacOS 10.15 (Catalina), should be sufficient to carry out your course.
Some suggested system requirements are as follows:
- Intel i5 CPU, with an i7 recommended.
- 8GB RAM, with 16GB recommended.
- 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor display.
Please note that tablets and mobile devices are not suitable for the course.
You will need to download the following free software applications to your laptop prior to the course (your trainer will help you during day one if you encounter any issues, suggesting alternatives that may be available).
If you haven’t already signed up for Zoom, then please do so.
Download the Git installer from https://git-scm.com/
After downloading, run the Git installer.
Keep clicking Next…
…until you see Choosing the default editor used by Git
It is recommended to select an alternative editor from the dropdown list. For example, Notepad++.
Continue clicking Next until you see Install. Click it. When the installation is complete, click Finish
Each module will have either a practical project, i.e. ‘write code with the following functionality…’ or a small task to complete to demonstrate skills. Either of these approaches will provide the trainee with the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the topic.
The results will not contribute to a ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ of the course but will give feedback to the trainee on how they are performing. The project or test will be brief enough that it can be marked quickly, but still in depth enough to show understanding of the materials. Throughout the course you will develop a portfolio that will combine all the skills you have learnt.
- Welcome and the role of a Business Analyst
Trainees are welcomed to TTA and introduced to some of the tools they will use during the course including Zoom and Slack. The trainees will be given a breakdown of what the role of the BA is and what is the overview of requirements.
- How to work with a Project Team and Stakeholders
Trainees will be introduced to techniques for working within a project team and introduced to methods and strategies to be used with stakeholders. The trainees will begin to find where a BA fits within the organisational structure.
Trainees will be taught the overview of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC). Trainees will then dive deeper into these SDLC methods, looking at the waterfall and agile methods.
- Requirement Processing and Engineering
Learners will cover how to create overview requirements, and how to gather requirements from the stakeholders. They will also look at the different types of requirements required (functional and non-functional) and learn how to create requirement documents and user stories.
- Managing Asset Requirements
Using Jira, students will learn how to manage change control. Jira will take a big focus as it is one of the key software used within this space.
- Common Business Analysist Tools and Techniques
This will involve the trainees learning notions, flowcharts, entity-relationship diagrams, state-transition diagrams, data flow diagrams, use case modelling and business process modelling.
Trainees will look at the different methods to test. These methods include user acceptance testing, writing test cases and recording test results.
- Introduction to Data Analysist
The trainees learn tools that can be used to analyse data. These include an overview of coding methods as well as off the shelf proprietary solutions.
In these sessions, the trainees will learn the fundaments to being safe with the technology and how to keep the companies personal data safe. These will involve interactive labs provided by Immersive Labs.
- Overview of the Financial Sector
In these sessions, the trainees will learn about the key skills required within the financial sector.
In these sessions, the trainees will learn tools and techniques to help then provide operation resilliance.
- BCS Certificate in Business Analysis
Trainees learn how their new knowledge maps to the BCS certificate in Business Analysis. They will then prepare for the BCS Foundation Certificate in BA.
Each module above has either a practical project or tasks to demonstrate skills. Either of these approaches provides the delegate with the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the topic.
- What is business analysis
- The competencies of a business analyst
- The strategic context for business analysis
- The business analysis service framework
- Investigating the business situation
- Analysing and managing stakeholders
- Improving business services and processes 8. Defining the solution
- Making the business case
- Establishing the requirements
- Documenting and modelling requirements
- Validating and managing requirements
- Delivering the requirements
- Delivering the business solution
Your tutor is Shubhra Goyal
Here is the link to the lessons which are delivered on:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm
Meeting ID: 813 4606 4621
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,81346064621#,,,,*864176# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,81346064621#,,,,*864176# US (Chicago)Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 813 4606 4621
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kc8BnW5mzy